Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nice People

I had a brief talk with one of my friend recently.

I found out that he had changed a lot recently and I feel uneasy with his changes.
He felt that he have been too good and too nice to people until they took advantages on him. They just do not appreciate what he have done.

He decided to change.
Change into someone who care for himself more than other people.

I told him, he will regret with his act pretty soon.

I truly understand how he felt and I understand to what kind of people he wants to change into to protect himself.
Because me myself have gone through such stage before and I am regretting it.

Maybe changing into someone selfish do make you feel better at the start because of people do not dare to take advantages on you.
But eventually you will become very unhappy because the people around you are not happy including those who never take advantages on you.

I regret that I have changed into a more selfish person than I was before and now I am struggling to become the old me.
I become more and more unhappy because I was forcing myself to be selfish to protect myself from being step on by other people.
Ya, some people did bully the old me but I did meet a lot of true friends who treated me nice.

We just need to find a balance point where we can be nice but at the same time learn how to say "NO". Hope that I can be the old me back again & with a wiser mind and hope that my friend can be the old him back soon.

I like the old nice him. He was a more happy person than he is now.

2 comments:

  1. Don't we all feel the same one time or another in our life. Whether to make the leap of faith to see if we should strive to remain good at the expense of being taken advantage of, or be the street-wise person who is cold and distance. This post speaks from the heart, and it represents the voice that we all have in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete